Jeanne d' Arc Residence, a ministry of the Sisters of Divine Providence of Kentucky, has provided safe, affordable and temporary housing for women since 1896. Throughout the history of our residence we have offered simple housing to women who seek to further their education and/or establish a career in New York City.
All applications must include:
- a)A letter of recommendation from your employer, former employer, professor, former professor, and/or school.
- b)A letter of hire if beginning a job.
- c)If a student, a letter of acceptance or enrollment statement from school, university, institution.
- d)A copy of your most recent W2 form and bank statement.
- e)A letter of responsibility for rent in the event you are unable to pay including that person’s bank statement and/or W2 form.
- f) A character reference from a person who is not a relative or a current resident.
- g)One colored photograph, passport size, facing front.
- h)A letter stating why you would like to live at Jeanne d'Arc and what your expectations of life in the residence are.
- i)A $50 non-refundable application fee.
If any part of the application and documentation is incomplete or not received in the same packet the application will not be processed.
Applications are screened and those whose applications have passed the screening will be called for an interview with the administration when a room is available. You will need the following at the time of the interview:
A certificate from your physician stating that you are in good health.
A copy of your Passport, Visa and/or Green Card.
If you are not contacted for an interview within three-six months, please write and reaffirm your interest in residing at Jeanne d’Arc Residence. Registration forms will not be kept on file after one year.
Those who are accepted as tenants will sign a lease. At the signing of the lease we require a room deposit equal to the first month’s rent in addition to the first month’s rent.
Eileen C. Piazza